Sunday, November 14, 2010

What to do in a downturn of the economy?

These are the facts.! many people today don't have a nickel to rub together having a lousy time to create income to live.

If I was a selfish prick I would try to sell a master course of something with all sort of promises.However i have been in the time when there was no money.Seeing the hungry like swarms of birds descending on us from everywhere.Women ready to do a trade of their bodies for food.
I was 10 years at the time and am still ashamed of the manner in which some farmers in our neck of the woods traded sex for food, or gouged the poor coming flocking to every farm.While pretending to be a member of Christian faith.

Let me hasten to add not all behaved like this but many made a boatload of cash from the fur-coats, the jewelry,the gold.Selling a few potatoes and carrots to desperate people.We were a family of ten.I as the second oldest-ed was the thief the scrounger stealing from the Germans what they had stolen from us.

Until I was caught but that is another story in my book.Pleasant it wasn't but through the grace of God I survived.We had a secret we a had a garden which was surrounded with bramble bushes planted with a hedge all around.
Looking like it was just a a bunch of thorn bushes.We also had a huge root cellar where the produce we grew year around was stored.Cleaned up by me and my mother.I have to say you haven't lived until you have to clean slimy cabbage and sort the rotten potatoes from the good ones.It was the price we paid for eating well for five years.

I have written a book about this which is not yet in the stage of being ready for publication."How to live 5 years without money!" surviving and feeding more than ten people. any one who thinks live is easy has never experienced the pangs of hunger.My perspective which is both one of faith as a Christian.With the other as a scientist.The first solution in an economic down turn is find a source for food.

PEOPLE NEED TO BECOME PRACTICAL AGAIN.
In a time of economic uncertainty people need to return to cottage style living.As a first start a garden to grow their own food. Turning their lawns into gardens making deals with neighbors creating their own food growing co-op sharing the food.We did for five years no one who came was sent away empty. My family gave it away to those in need we never had to beg for food because. My mother was the kind of person who always trusted in the living God to be our supply. My father was picked up and spent his time in one of Herr Hitlers camps.

So it was up to me from the time I was eight years old to get what we could.I watched my Uncle John when people from Amsterdam arrived pushing a baby buggy. To get food for the family back at home. Uncle John was offered all sorts of Jewelry and diamond baubles. He took none he was embarrassed by the people for they wanted to pay.

Finally he said pay me this much and he used a prewar price for the food stuffs.He could have sold golden potatoes,diamond encrusted cabbage,and silver carrots.People where hungry ate tulip bulbs or anything else they could lay there hands on.

Willing to part with anything they had including their bodies for the purchase of food to live. I know it is't this bad for many but right now there are people who go to bed hungry for they cannot afford to purchase food.

My lifetime personal philosophy was shaped by the Christian faith display by my mother and my uncles.PEOPLE IT IS TIME TO RETURN TO THE AGES PAST WHEN EVERYONE HAD A GARDEN TO GROW THEIR OWN FOOD. I WILL GIVE YOU A SEER'S VIEW OF WHAT IS COMING.

The four horse men of the Apocalypse are saddling their horses.Hunger is across the horizon as the population increases and the fuel prices will shoot up to the sky.This black trail with the center of white strips is the tenuous supply line of the future.Where trucks deliver your food supplies. Maybe this post is not about making money but it is about your food for the future.

No comments: